I’ve done random facts before but since it’s been a year I thought I’d do more. And current.
- I’m turning 24 in 4 months
- I take pictures of everything! I’m a picture hoarder
- Celebrity crush: Marlon Brando
- I’m a Type B personality
- I want to move to New Zealand!
- I adore French and Gothic architecture
- I love movies that don’t have an opening song
- I say “literally” way too much
- I’ve been dying to experience a white Christmas
- I think southern California has me way too spoiled
- I want to build a house from scratch because I’m too picky
- Yadier Molina is my favorite player
- I cry when my St. Louis Cardinals lose, I cry when they win
- I’m in need of cosmetics because I threw out everything that’s tested on animals
- I have a succulent garden that I’m in love with <3
- I’m an SUV kinda gal
- We currently have 5 Betta’s, 1 ghost shrimp, Mollie Waino the Yorkie mix and a Holland Lop rabbit, Blitz.
- I want to own a store someday where I’d sell things for the home and accessories and maybe my own cosmetic brand
- I try to use natural things
- Something exciting is happening Wednesday July 30, 2014 but it’s a surprise. Stay tune!
I spontaneously decided to make a stone necklace. I saw a picture of one not too long ago and thought it looked pretty simple. So I went for it.
I really didn’t have the correct wire but I actually ended up liking the way mine looks. If you prefer more of a thinner look I’d suggest you go to your craft store and buy a thinner wire. Due to laziness and lack of funds I made it work with what I had at home.
Things You Need
- Scissors, anything you can cut wire with
I didn’t look up any DIYs for this one. Just used my common sense. But then again, this is super easy and simple! Even my bunny Blitz can make one. Ok, maybe he can’t but you get the point.
- I started by wrapping the wire around the rock. My first instinct was that it wasn’t going to hold it. I feared that no matter how I wrapped it it might slip out and fall. But that was just me being paranoid as usual. I wrapped it as good as I could, also do not worry if it doesn’t look pretty. I think that’s the point to these necklaces. They don’t have to be perfect.
- Then I cut any poke-y wire ends so I wouldn’t end up scratching myself while wearing it or getting it caught on my clothes. Use pliers for that. I kind of tucked them in so they wouldn’t look so awkward.
- Once your stone is wrapped in the wire, attach the necklace to it. I had to use to pliers to open the top part so it would not move all over the place. Voila.
Easy easy easy. Very simple yet cute!
I want to make a ring next!
I watch way too many tv shows. It’s a weakness. I had always wanted to watch Once Upon a Time but I knew I was going to love it so I put it off for as long as I could. Until this week. I gave in and thought, “Why not?”
I’m almost done with season 1. I love it! I hope I can catch up for when season 4 starts. My favorite part is guessing who’s who. And calling things before they happen. I feel so accomplished and smart when it turns out the way I said it would.
So far I love Rumpelstiltskin. Sure he’s evil and everything but he’s one of the characters I took a liking to (to those who’ve seen it, omg am I going to hate him later on?). Or maybe I just love how Robert Carlyle portrays him…maybe I just like the acting. That’s how you know good acting.
Can’t wait to get caught up. Now you understand why I like putting off shows?
Let’s not even mention how far behind I am with Grey’s Anatomy…oh let’s just not even mention Grey’s Anatomy and my usual roller coaster feelings Shonda Rhimes puts me through.
My little cousin Adan playing with boyfriend. This is too adorable not to share.
My cactus is almost blooming!
Today we adopted this cutie pie. He is approximately 3 years old and a Holland Lop. I named him Cornelius Blitzflop McFluffy.
I’d been wanting a rabbit for the longest time! I’m so glad I adopted him because his previous family could no longer keep him.
I’m going to love the shit out of him. He shall be my spoiled little bunny.
Whenever I think about my makeup look the word “minimalist” comes to mind.
I love makeup. But I don’t love it enough to spend longer than ten minutes doing my makeup. Or even doing anything too complex. I stick to whatever works for my face best. Here it is.
You may notice that I do not wear foundation. I love how nice foundation makes my face look but I feel like it clogs my pores and my skin cannot breathe. I have better looking skin without wearing foundation so that’s why I’ve never really bothered. Unlike concealer.
- Concealer: A concealer is a must have for me. Because I have dark circles. Just remember to apply it with a brush or dab it on there with a makeup sponge. Don’t use your fingers since the area under your eyes is super sensitive and we all want to avoid wrinkles, right?
- Eyeshadow: In the 9 years that I have been wearing makeup I have come to learn that wearing kind of a light eyeshadow brings out my eyes a little more. It even makes my eyelashes look darker so that’s always a big plus!
- Eyeliner: Some days I skip wearing eyeliner and I hardly ever wear bottom eyeliner. But when I do I use my trusty e.l.f liquid eyeliner!
- Mascara: Have always loved it. Will always love it. Sometimes when I need to run a quick errand and have no time for makeup I will still wear mascara. It’s that awesome, amiright?
- Eyebrows: I never filled in my eyebrows until I realized that it actually makes a HUGE difference. For the better. So I started filling them in. I’m still not quite good at it but I’m learning through trial and error. I use the e.l.f eyebrow kit.
- Blush/Bronzer: Blush is also something I never really used because I’m the kind of person that has a natural blush. But I just started wearing it because I wanted more blush and a bronzer is ideal for summer days. I think it looks quite lovely
- Lipstick: I love lipstick more than I love puppies. Ok, not really that much but almost just as much. In fact, if I had $1,000 to spend on lipstick I would do it. Oh yeah, totally possible. The cheapest lipstick I bought was .74 cents. The most expensive will be Tom Ford when I get married. I think lipstick seals the deal. Even if you’re just wearing mascara..you put on lipstick it transforms you. But it’s ok if you don’t like it. You can still look fabulous without it.
There it is. My every day cosmetics. Also, don’t forget your moisturizer and your suncreen!! It’s crucial for good healthy skin. We must protect it from the sun with an SPF that’s 30-40 and re-apply it every couple of hours. You should aim for lotion (not the spray kinds) and try staying away from the Sport suncreen’s for they are known to have toxins. We’re trying to avoid skin cancer by wearing it, it shouldn’t also be toxic.
If you wear makeup or you don’t…who cares. As long as you’re happy.
If I said I was obsessed with tropical things that would be an understatement.
Think palm trees, think bright lips, think flamingo’s, bright colors and bright prints.
It all started with The Birdcage. I’m surprised I’m not packing my bags to go to Florida.
If you haven’t already seen that movie I suggest you do. It’s my second favorite movie of all time (Sabrina, 1954, is still my #1) and it’s HILARIOUS!! I’m constantly quoting Hank Azaria’s character.
"Are choo afraid of my Guatemaleness? My natural heat"
Thank goodness it’s summer. Bright colors are so much fun!
Wow. Time flies! Here’s my No Poo update!
I still use Chagrin Valley Soap & Salve Mud and Clay shampoo bar. I still love it just as much as I did when I first started using it. And to be honest I’m scared to try something else. What if I don’t like it? I know. I’ll never know til I try. So maybe I’ll try something new…eventually.
Obviously, still using Apple Cider Vinegar. The smell goes away. It shouldn’t stick to your hair but sometimes after I wash my hair I’ll have boyfriend telling me he can briefly smell it. One thing I’ve noticed is that my hair will never smell funky. Even after day 5 or day 6 it never smells dirty. So if anyone is wondering, “Wait a second, so you don’t wash your hair for 6/7 days..doesn’t it smell bad?” Nope. It doesn’t. At least mine never has.
One thing I did start doing is brushing my hair in the shower. I find that it’s easier to untangle it inside of the shower than when I get out.
Also, I’ll occasionally wash it with Baking Soda. Just because. I feel like the baking soda cleans it and strips my hair from icky stuff better than my shampoo bar.
Since starting the no poo method I’ve noticed that my hair doesn’t get as frizzy as it once did. And how splendid is it going 4 days without getting oily and weird. I never dreamed of doing that when I was using regular shampoo. It’s quite neat.
For those of you that are considering the no poo method and aren’t so sure because the idea of going a week without washing your hair terrifies you..here’s my advice.
The reason why I started the no poo method was because I didn’t want to continue using harsh chemicals on my hair. I wanted something more natural. So if you think that way but you don’t want to go days without washing you can use the no poo techniques but wash your hair as often as you please. You can use the baking soda at first then just switch to shampoo bars later (if you’d like). Wash whenever you want.
No one is to tell you you’re not doing it right or wrong. Do whatever works for you.
Like myself, ideally I can go 5 days without washing. The rest I can’t make it. Because my hair get’s oily from the roots and eh. I’d just rather wash it then.
With some things there really isn’t a right or wrong way.
Things You Need
- Dog Collar
- Sewing needle
I used my other dog’s old dog collar. You can use any Nylon collar. You can even go buy one at the 99 cent store if you don’t have one on hand.
What I did is fold the end (big enough so you know it can fit your seat belt) and sew it. It was easy and simple. Requires a little strength from your thumb but it’s manageable.
Other DIY’s that I saw you’re supposed to take the little buckle off but to be honest I felt a little lazy so I left it. So I ended up hooking the carabiner to it. Y’see, it all worked out in the end.
If you do this you’ll be saving yourself $15-$20 compared to retail prices. And your doggie will be nice and safe.